Below are upcoming important dates of task force meetings, budget hearings and other legislative meetings ahead. If you are able to attend any of the following, please let me know. Thanks!
Civic Education Task Force Hearings
- October 21 (4-6 p.m.) - Lanphier High School, Springfield
- November 6 (4-6 p.m.) - Carbondale Community High School, Carbondale
Participants are asked to discuss recommendations included in the task force report (available here).
ISBE Budget Hearings
- November 10 (3-5 p.m.) - Adams County Health Department, Quincy
- November 12 (5-7 p.m.) - John T. Magee Middle School Cafeteria, Round Lake
- November 17 (3:45-5:45 p.m.) - Granite City High School Atrium, Granite City
- November 21 (following ISBE Board Mtg., 3-5 p.m.) - James R. Thompson Center Conference Room 16-503, Chicago
Participants are welcome to comment on both ISBE budget items as well as Senate Bill 16. Individuals are also asked to use a Budgeting for Results model for any program/line item requests (more information here.)
General Assembly Veto Session
- November 19 -21 (Springfield)
- December 2-4 (Springfield)