The following is a message from The College Board
SAT scores from the ISBE-provided April SAT® School Day administration will be available to students and educators through the College Board Reporting Portal beginning May 2017. The Portal will update as scores are released. Scores for students who submitted a “Request to Cancel Test Scores” form will not be available in the Portal. Please contact College Board at 1-888-728-4357 if you have questions about SAT data posted in the Portal.
Separately, ISBE is scheduled to provide SAT scores from the ISBE-provided April SAT® School Day administration in its Student Information System (SIS) on July 10, 2017, for state accountability reporting. SIS will identify the home school to which scores will be accountable. Data corrections will be accepted until September 22, 2017, for School Report Card purposes. Unlike the College Board Reporting Portal, ISBE’s SIS will include scores for students who submitted a “Request to Cancel Test Scores” form. Please contact the ISBE Student Assessment Division at 1-866-317-6034 if you have questions about SAT data posted in SIS.Student Access to Scores in the College Board Reporting Portal:
Scores from the ISBE-provided April SAT® School Day administration will be available to students through the College Board Reporting Portal via their College Board Student Account beginning onMonday, May 8, 2017
. Please share this date and the information below with students and families. Most student scores, for students who tested on April 5, will be available on May 8, 2017. However, some scores will be released later for reasons that include participation in the later accommodations testing window or on the makeup testing date, late receipt of answer sheets, missing information on the answer sheet, or other exception conditions that require additional attention. If a score is not available, students should check the Portal periodically for updates. The Portal will update daily as additional individual student scores are released. Scores for students who submitted a “Request to Cancel Test Scores” form will not be available in the Portal.
To access scores, students need a College Board Student Account. Steps to follow are below:
- Create a College Board Student Account: If students are creating their College Board account for the first time, go to studentscores.collegeboard.org and click Sign Up to create an account. Students should use their full legal name that matches what the school has on file. They should be prepared to provide basic information, including gender, date of birth, email address, high school name, expected high school graduation date, and zip code. The account will be created. Continue to step #2.
- View Scores in the College Board Reporting Portal: To view scores, students will go to studentscores.collegeboard.org and sign in. If their scores are not shown, continue to step #3.
- Match College Board Student Account and Registration: If a student is signed in but doesn’t see their scores, it means we were not able to link their score report and account automatically. For security reasons, a student must verify additional information before we can display their scores. They will need either their SAT registration number or their State Student ID number. To match, they will:
- Click Add Score(s).
- Review the personal information.
- If any information is incorrect, click Update to revise. Students will be prompted to reenter their password.
- If the information is correct, click Get My Scores.
- If a match is still not found, students will be prompted to provide either their test information, including their test date and registration number, or their State Student ID number.
- To use test information to match, they will select SAT as their test. Enter “2017” as the test year. And, enter their SAT Registration Number. Click Get My Scores. (Educators, this number can be found on the student admission tickets. Or, you may need to provide this number to your students. It can be found in the SAT Roster Detail report in the Educator Reporting Portal.)
- To use their Student ID number to match, students will enter their State Student ID. Click Get My Scores.
There may still be cases in which a student is not able to view their scores using the steps above because the information is too different or the scores have not yet been finalized. If students cannot view their scores, they should call the College Board’s Student SAT Help Line at 1-866-756-7346.
You may want to share these additional resources with students and their families:
Educator Access to Scores in the College Board Reporting Portal:
In mid-May, educators will be able to view ISBE-provided SAT scores through the College Board Reporting Portal. Student scores will be available in the Portal only to the school at which the student tested. Scores for students who submitted a “Request to Cancel Test Scores” form will not be available in the Portal. The portal consists of two areas:
Free Educator Score Interpretation Workshops:
- Report Center: allows educators to configure and run online reports, apply filters for data analysis, and print student reports
- Download Center: provides access to downloadable files of scores
College Board will share more information the week of May 8, 2017, regarding free educator score interpretation workshops that will take place in June 2017. In preparation, verify you have access to the College Board Reporting Porta
l using your College Board account. If you are unable to login, contact your school’s access manager or College Board at 1-888-728-4357 or via email: email@example.com
. For more information, please review College Board’s resource page: sat.org/k12-scores