The U.S. Senate will soon host appropriation committees and a markup of the education funding bill. As I’m sure you are aware, Title II funding is at serious risk. Nearly every district receives Title II funding to support the recruitment, preparation, development, and retention of excellent teachers and leaders, but the funding for Title II is in danger of being eliminated. The elimination—or significant reduction—of Title II funding would have drastic and negative impacts on teachers, school leaders, principals, and the students they serve.How to help:
Illinois Congressional Delegation Twitter Handles
- Send a message to Congress - Use this link to quickly send a message to your members of Congress about the importance of Title II, Part A, which is critical to providing professional development for school leaders.
- Tweet the Message - Use the hashtag #TitleIIA to tweet at our Illinois Congressional Delegation (Twitter handles and sample messages below).
- Call your members in Congress - Click here to use the IPA Engage platform to call your member of Congress.
Senator Dick Durbin - @SenatorDurbin
Senator Tammy Duckworth - @SenDuckworth
Rep. Bobby Rush (IL-1) - @RepBobbyRush
Rep. Robin Kelly (IL-2) - @RepRobinKelly
Rep. Dan Lipinski (IL-3) - @RepLipinski
Rep. Luis Gutierrez (IL-4) - @RepGutierrez
Rep. Mike Quigley (IL-5) - @RepMikeQuigley
Rep. Peter Roskam (IL-6) - @PeterRoskam
Rep. Danny Davis (IL-7) - @RepDannyDavis
Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (IL-8) - @CongressmanRaja
Rep. Jan Schakowsky (IL-9) - @JanSchakowsky
Rep. Brad Schneider (IL-10) - @RepSchneider
Rep. Bill Foster (IL-11) - @RepBillFoster
Rep. Mike Bost (IL-12) - @RepBost
Rep. Rodney Davis (IL-13) - @RodneyDavis
Rep. Randy Hultgren (IL-14) - @RepHultgren
Rep. John Shimkus (IL-15) - @RepShimkus
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (IL-16) - @RepKinzinger
Rep. Cheri Bustos (IL-17) - @CheriBustos
Rep. Darin LaHood (IL-18) - @RepLaHoodSample Tweets
- #TitleIIA is critical for school leaders and principals to do their jobs effectively; cuts threaten this ability.
- Millions of school leaders depend on #TitleIIA to improve schools and instruction in the classroom.
- #ESSA allows states to use 3% of #TitleIIA funds for PD for principals; cutting decreases the chances to seize this opportunity.
- The quality of teaching and leadership in schools are the two most significant in-school factors tied to student achievement. #TitleIIA
- #TitleIIA supports increased student academic achievement by promoting strategies that will positively affect educator effectiveness.
- Educators and students deserve schools led by great principals. Tell Congress to maintain school leadership funding through #TitleIIA
- Students and teachers need great principals to thrive—Tell Congress: Don't cut school leadership funding! #TitleIIA
- Without great principals, we won't have great schools. Tell Congress to maintain school leadership funding! #TitleIIA
- Educators: Join us in telling Congress not to cut school leadership funding! #TitleIIA