IPA PrinciPal: New IPA Talk

By PrinciPal Connection posted 12 days ago

  
Connect with us:  
Facebook Twitter YouTube Community
Problem viewing this email? Click here for our online version.
Banner
   
Green15   Green15
In This Issue...
In this Issue...
- Making Evaluation Meaningful
- Blue Ribbon Schools Announced!
- Teacher Shortage
- Fall Conference
- Principal of the Year
- Value Added Program
IPA Talk: Making Evaluation Meaningful

Next up in IPA Talk is Dr. PJ Caposey, author, speaker, and superintendent of Meridian Schools.  Watch as Jason talks with PJ about his new book, Making Evaluation Meaningful, and how evaluation can be more than just a compliance visit.  Watch now.

 

Congratulations!

Congratulations to the following IPA Members whose schools were recently named Blue Ribbon Schools by the U.S. Department of Education:

Andy Anderson, Principal, Conrady Junior High School, Hickory Hills
Buster Barton
, Principal, Mary Morgan Elementary School, Byron
Ann Buch
, Principal, Kipling Elementary School, Deerfield
Dr. Brian Bullis
, Principal, Charles J. Caruso Middle School, Deerfield
Eric Dockery
, Principal, Edgar Allen Poe Classical Elementary School, Chicago
Beth Erbach
, Principal, Thomas Dooley Elementary School, Schaumburg
Becky Fitzpatrick
, Principal, Olive-Mary Stitt Elementary School, Arlington Heights
Sean Foster
, Principal, Central Catholic High School, Bloomington
Brian Hoelscher, Principal, Central Intermediate School, Washington
Dr. Robert McBride, Principal, Neuqua Valley High School, Naperville
Eric Michaelsen
, Principal, Lemont High School, Lemont
Nel Mullens, Principal, St. Josaphat School, Chicago
Dr. Christine Pfaff, Principal, Prairie Elementary School, Buffalo Grove
Anne Phoenix
, Principal, St. Joseph Catholic School, Libertyville
Lori Poelking
, Principal, Copeland Manor Elementary School, Libertyville
Brian Smith, Principal, Rogers Elementary School, Waterloo

Learn more about the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program and the 2017 winners.

Teachers Are Quitting Because They Are Dissatisfied

The Learning Policy Institute, a California-based think tank led by Stanford University education professor Linda Darling-Hammond, released a new analysis, Teacher Turnover: Why It Matters and What We Can Do About It. About 8 percent of teachers leave the teaching profession each year, and another 8 percent move to a different school, making the overall turnover rate about 16 percent. Teacher turnover hurts student achievement, is expensive for schools and districts, and leads to teacher shortages, Darling-Hammond said.  And both teachers who leave the profession and teachers who change schools are most commonly leaving because they are dissatisfied, according to the analysis.  Read more from Madeline Will at EdWeek.


It's Almost Here!

Fall Conference is less than two weeks away. Don't miss out on the insightful speakers, inspiring sessions, great networking and so much more! It's two days out of district that will have a lasting, positive impact on your ability to do your job. Register today!

Principal of the Year Nominations

It's time once again to recognize those school leaders that go above and beyond. Nominations are open for Elementary Principal of the Year, Middle School Principal of the Year, High School Principal of the Year, and Assistant Principal of the Year. Nominations are due to IPA by November 30, however each region has the autonomy to establish alternate timelines. Please contact your region leaders for specific information regarding award schedules in your region. Criteria and application forms can be found here.

IPA Member Value Added Program

The IPA is partnering with Standard For Success, an online customizable teacher & employee evaluation system, that was created by Educators for Educators to help with the evaluation and management of employee evaluations. Its brand is built on high-quality customer support and helping to make evaluations Simple and Meaningful. Learn more.

Illinois Principals Association
2940 Baker Drive
Springfield, IL 62703
217-525-1383 (Main Phone)
217-525-7264 (Fax)
Unsubscribe

 
​​
0 comments
82 views

Permalink