Remote and E-Learning Professional Development Opportunities
Remote and E-Learning Resources
Social and Emotional Resources
Jostens has compiled 9 videos addressing social and emotional well-being that are applicable to middle and high school. They also screened the videos with some upper elementary students and believe they are applicable for that age group as well.
There are two pieces:
- The video itself for each episode
- The critical thinking guides for each episode (available from either a Dropbox link or Google Drive link)
If you have questions or need any additional information, reach out to Dr. Tara Campbell, Sr. Manager of Program Development Jostens Renaissance Education at Tara.Campbell@jostens.com.
Season 1, Episode 1 – Judgement https://youtu.be/uQza46wEjP4
Season 1, Episode 11 – Aaron Davis (dreams, friends, perseverance) https://youtu.be/JSeI9tkSIq8
Season 1, Episode 17 – Brent Aragon (changing your world) https://youtu.be/ySUw789G03Y
Season 2, Episode 17 – Pressure https://youtu.be/cj2XJm4X6Ag
Season 3, Episode 19 – Insecurities https://youtu.be/IgSDFRFNVtQ
Season 3, Episode 24 – Failure https://youtu.be/B8fQq1lwp0U
Season 4, Episode 6 – Ross Szabo (mental health) https://youtu.be/dOyJgDTK9rU
Season 5, Episode 12 – Health and Wellness https://youtu.be/ijhMrxd2z48
Season 6, Episode 6 – Self Confidence https://youtu.be/2oFjJ3mTkBY
Season 6, Episode 7 – Self Reflection https://youtu.be/UcIBDHbD7BI
CRITICAL THINKING GUIDE LINKS
Dropbox folder - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fc8baxwp1h72zrb/AABYuXrpJqwGPlGZKAAq_qgza?dl=0
Google Drive folder - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cx6BDjlZj6eBZKccKE8FjuENc4WAyVai?usp=sharing
Coping with Anxiety and Stress
IPA Officer Hours Presentation from Dr. Sue Homes, IPA Deputy Executive Director for Professional Learning
Resources for At-Home Activities
The Office of Student Health and Wellness at Chicago Public Schools has put together a fantastic spreadsheet of resources to keep students healthy and active during the current stay at home order. You can access it here.
Leader In Me
Franklin Covey is opening their award-winning library of educational and 7 Habits content to help support educators and students. Below you will find links to access a growing collection of resources for families, teachers and administrators to help navigate challenges related to COVID-19 school closures.
- CLICK HERE to read about Achieving Results in Unpredictable Times - a great tool for Principals and Superintendents
- CLICK HERE for family resources
- CLICK HERE for teacher resources
- CLICK HERE for Administrator resources
- CLICK HERE for our new LiM Talks- bite sized inspirational videos, trainings and content created by principals, coaches, and parents sharing their two cents on how to navigate this difficult time